If you’ve searched Avocado Hair Mask, chances are your hair is feeling parched. Maybe your hair needs a deep conditioner. I’ve been working with hair for over 35 years, and I can tell you that avocados are a popular choice for hair masks, and with good reason.
In this blog, I’ll be covering the benefits of an avocado hair mask. I’ll share some insights on why choosing a professionally developed avocado hair mask is the right choice for the best results. Plus, I’ll recommend how you can use an avocado hair mask depending on hair type.
There’s a menu below of the topics covered in this blog. So if you want to skip to a specific part of the blog, you can click the link.
I’ll kick off by sharing why avocado is beneficial in a hair mask or deep conditioning treatment.
Benefits of Avocado Oil for Hair
- Avocado is a powerhouse of fatty acids. Fatty acids add moisture to the hair and smooth the cuticle. That makes hair easier to work with and style.
- Avocados contain linoleic and oleic fatty acids. Linoleic acid balances the scalp condition. Oleic acid helps your hair retain moisture, making avocado oil perfect for fighting frizz.
- With moisturising properties, the avocado makes hair easier to detangle. It’s no wonder the avocado hair mask is a favourite deep conditioning treatment.
- Because avocado adds moisture to hair, the best hair masks contain avocado oil to leave hair shiny and soft.
- Avocado, of course, is not just good for putting on your hair. Packed with fatty acids and vitamins C, D, E and B6, it’s a nutritious treat for your hair when included in your healthy hair diet.
I take a holistic approach to hair care. I believe in using good quality products, alongside a healthy balanced diet. Discover the best foods for hair growth in my blog on the subject.
Avocado Hair Mask – Table of Contents
- What are the benefits of an Avocado Deep Conditioner?
- How often should I use a Deep Conditioner?
- Salon Developed Avocado Hair Mask
- Professionally Developed Avocado Hair Mask
- Benefits of an Avocado Hair Mask
- What’s the right deep conditioner for your hair type?
- Avocado Hair Mask for Fine Hair
- Avocado Hair Mask for Dry Hair
- Avocado Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
- Avocado Hair Mask for Curly Hair
- Avocado Hair Mask
- About the Author
- Beauty Bible Recommends
What are the benefits of a Avocado Deep Conditioners?
Avocado hair masks or avocado deep conditioners are the same. In my experience, using a deep conditioning treatment as part of your hair care routine is one of the best things you can do for your hair.
So, the purpose of an deep conditioning hair mask is to put back what we take out of our hair. That’s because everything we do to our hair has an impact. For instance, we expose our hair to all kinds of weather, heated styling, colour treatments, or not being gentle enough when handling wet hair.
All of those things can be drying for your hair and, in the worst cases, cause breakage and damage. So, the job of deep conditioners is to add moisture to dry hair.
That’s why regular treatments with deep conditioners such as an avocado hair mask can help replenish and repair the damage we do to our hair.
Discover more in my blog, Salon Know-How: Why use a Deep Conditioning Hair Mask?
How often should I use a Deep Conditioning Treatment?
Firstly, I encourage you to think of deep conditioning with an avocado hair mask similar to a face mask. However, you may not apply a face mask every week, but your hair needs more attention.
There’s a reason that hair needs more attention. That’s because we put our hair through a lot; from heated styling to using peroxide for colour treatments or simply combing and brushing, all of these things deplete the hair.
So, the answer is to replenish the hair with a deep conditioning hair mask regularly.
Let’s stop for a moment and focus on the word, regular. Regular, routine; it’s the same thing.
Think about what that means for you and your hair.
Do you want your hair to look it’s best? If the answer is, yes, it’s time to start thinking about your hair care routine. One-off treatments are as described; they are a one-off.
Aim high, choose to get your hair in the best condition all the time.
That means, if you are serious about getting your hair into the best condition, a hair care routine is king.
In short, I recommend a hair mask treatment every week. Get into a routine of adding moisture to your hair. It will help you to improve and maintain the condition of your hair.
Salon Developed Avocado Hair Mask
Like all my conditioners, it contains avocado oil and olive leaf extract.
It’s expertly blended so that it’s suitable for all hair types. You get all the benefits of an avocado hair mask. Plus, this avocado hair mask rinses easily from the hair, leaving hair looking and feeling healthy, full and shiny.
I’ve added a few extras too!
Professionally Developed Avocado Hair Mask
One of the exciting things about developing hair products in my salon is that I could take the time to test how they would work on different hair types and then adapt them to get the best results.
When I researched ingredients, avocado oil was a stand-out-must-have ingredient for my conditioners and Restore and Shine Hair Masque. I’ve outlined the benefits of avocado oil for your hair above.
Suffice to say I knew, I had to include avocado in my Restore and Shine Hair Masque as it’s one of the best deep conditioners.
However, working with my chemist, I have learned that it isn’t enough to have great ingredients.
For instance, I have learned that the way to supercharge an individual ingredient’s benefits is to blend the right amount with other active ingredients.
For professional results, it’s not enough to rely on one single ingredient.
In addition to avocado and olive leaf, you’ll find active ingredients working together to deliver the best results in Restore and Shine Hair Masque:
- Pro-vitamin b5: Gets moisture right to the hair’s core and smoothes the cuticle, helping to target split ends and give body to the hair.
- Glycerin: This sweet treat helps the hair retain water and tackles frizz.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: This fatty alcohol is a natural fat that gently smoothes the hair to detangle, leaving it easier to style
- Tocopherol: Otherwise known as vitamin E, this natural anti-oxidant supports healthy hair and scalp.
Benefits of an Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado is all about adding moisture to your hair and helping the hair to retain moisture. So, having the opportunity to develop products gave me some vital insights into how different ingredients can work together.
For example, avocado adds moisture to the outer layers of the hair. However, it can’t penetrate the inner layers of the hair.
That’s where pro-vitamin b5 comes in. That’s because it’s one of the few ingredients that can penetrate the outer layers and add moisture to the hair’s core, the cortex.
When you add moisture to your hair’s outer and inner layers hair has moisture at its core and has a smooth outer layer to lock in the moisture. That’s when hair looks and feels its best.
The journey of developing my hair care products has taught me one thing. With the best formulation using the right ingredient combination, you can achieve shiny, healthy hair.
What’s the right deep conditioning treatment for your hair type?
I know that choosing the right deep conditioners for your hair type can be tricky, so I’ve made it simple.
Restore and Shine Hair Masque is suitable for all hair types. If you have fine hair, this avocado hair mask rinses easily. It leaves fine hair plumped out and full. Dry hair? No problem. My avocado hair mask adds moisture and shine to dry or damaged hair.
My philosophy for hair is to keep things simple. From cleansing to conditioning to hair styling: a simple approach gives the best results.
Get the most from your avocado hair mask by following my tips by hair type below:
Avocado Hair Mask for Fine Hair
When choosing deep conditioners for fine hair, there are a couple of things to consider.
Firstly, finding a product that doesn’t leave any residue in the hair is a priority. Avoid products that are too heavy for your hair.
Secondly, choose deep conditioners that add volume and body to the hair.
For fine hair to have body, moisture is essential. The combination of pro-vitamin b5 and avocado and glycerin in Restore and Shine Hair Masque adds moisture and plumps out the cuticle, giving hair more volume.
Tips for using a deep conditioner on Fine Hair
- Use once a week after shampooing hair.
- Gently squeeze out excess water from the hair.
- Apply a small amount of product to the ends and mid-lengths
- With fine hair, it’s best to layer a small amount onto the hair a little at a time.
- If you are concerned about tangles, you can use a wide-tooth comb at this point. However, be gentle and make sure you don’t pull at the roots. So, it’s not essential to use a comb with Restore and Shine Hair Masque because it will do much of the detangling for you.
- Leave on hair for 10 mins minimum and depending on your hair, 1 to 2 hours maximum. Rinse and style as normal.
For more tips on caring for fine hair, go to my blog, Salon Know-How: How to Look after Fine Hair.
Avocado Hair Mask for Dry Hair
There are common problems with dry hair. Frizz and dull hair immediately spring to mind. However, dry hair can also be difficult to style.
If you are frustrated with difficult-to-style hair or hair that won’t hold its shape, now is the time to kick off a routine of deep conditioning.
Treat your hair to an avocado hair mask every week to hydrate your hair, leaving it smooth, shiny and easier to style.
Tips for using a deep conditioner on Dry Hair
- Use once a week after shampooing hair. Rinse and gently squeeze out excess water using a microfibre towel if you have one.
- Hair should still be damp but not dripping wet. Now you are ready to apply your avocado hair mask.
- If your hair is dry and fine, focus on the ends and mid-lengths. But, if your hair is thicker and coarse, you can take Restore and Shine Hair Masque right up to the scalp. Because it contains nettle, it’s excellent for treating dry scalp as well as dry hair.
- If your hair is excessively dry, you can leave the hair mask on for a few hours. So, leave Restore and Shine Hair Masque to dry in your hair and enjoy the zesty aroma of our essential oil blend.
- When you are ready, rinse and style as normal. Hair should feel more slippery and easier to style.
Get more tips on adding moisture to dry hair from our blog, Salon Know-How: How to Moisturise Dry Hair.
Avocado Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
Has your hair has been damaged by colouring or excessive heat? If the answer is yes, it may require extra attention. The combined powers of avocado, glycerin, and pro-vitamin b5 in my hair mask will kick start the process of reviving your hair.
I want to stress that there are no quick fixes for repairing damaged hair. However, regular attention from a hair conditioning treatment is what your hair needs to recover.
Tips for using Restore and Shine Hair Masque on Damaged Hair
- Treat damaged hair. I recommend using Restore and Shine Hair Masque twice weekly for the first two weeks. After that, once a week.
- It’s good to give the hair an initial boost of moisture and then keep it topped up with a weekly treatment to deep-condition the hair.
- Before application, I recommend washing hair in lukewarm water. That’s because this is kinder to the hair.
- Leave the hair mask on for as long as possible. If you can, leave it on overnight and rinse in the morning. There’s no need to shampoo Restore and Shine Hair Masque out of the hair. Simply rinse. Read more about our dry hair treatment products.
Whilst your hair is in recovery, there’s a lot you can do to prevent any further damage. Go to my blog, Salon Know-How: How to Repair Damaged Hair, to discover what you can do.
Avocado Hair Mask for Curly Hair
Curly hair is one of the thirstiest of all hair types. Treating hair weekly helps quench the thirst.
Because it adds moisture to the hair and smooths the cuticle, Restore and Shine Hair Masque can help your curls shine. Therefore, it will give them a better definition and make them easier to style.
Tips for using deep conditioners on Curly Hair
- Shampoo hair with a gentle, hydrating shampoo. Because you may not be washing your hair every day, it’s good to give hair a couple of shampoos.
- After rinsing the hair, gently squeeze out the excess water with a microfibre towel. So now you are ready to apply your deep conditioning treatment.
- If you have thick or coarse hair, you can apply the Restore and Shine Hair Masque from tip to root. I recommend working up the hair from the ends. That’s because this puts less tension on the hair.
- If you have a lot of tangles, you can tease them out with a wide comb. Alternatively, try just feeding the product into your hair. As you rinse, you should find that the Restore and Shine Hair Masque has done much of the work for you. So, release any remaining tangles with your fingers as you rinse, avoiding tension at the roots.
- You can leave on the Restore and Shine Hair Masque for several hours or even overnight. For more hydration, give it more time.
Get more info on looking after your curls from my blog, Salon Know-How: How to care for Curly Hair Naturally.
Avocado Hair Mask
Choosing salon developed avocado hair masks or deep conditioners is a nutritious treatment for your hair.
Whatever your hair type, your hair will benefit from a good routine. That’s because a routine is vital to achieving long-lasting results for your hair.
It’s the same as most things in life.
I find it helpful to think about it in the same way as improving your fitness or learning a new skill. If you want to achieve results, a routine of practice helps. Routine helps to improve your fitness or skills development. It’s the same for hair. A good hair care routine that includes a professionally developed avocado hair mask helps get it into the best condition.
About the Author
Norris Ogario is the founder and Creative Director of Ogario London. Developed in his London salon, the Ogario London haircare products reflect his belief that hydration is the key to fixing most hair problems. You can style hydrated hair with ease. Plus, hydration leaves hair shiny and healthy. Norris has over 35 years of hair know-how. He has expertise in all hair types, from dry hair to fine or grey hair, from frizzy to damaged or bleached hair, curly hair and afro hair.
Over the years, I’ve talked to and helped a lot of customers with dry hair concerns. Additionally, I write about all aspects of healthy hair, from how to stop how to stop frizzy hair to how to get rid of split ends and share salon tips and techniques for looking after all hair types.
I’ve suggested some further reading below and please go to our Healthy Hair Care Blog to find more articles.
Read my guide on frizzy hair. I cover ground such as what causes frizzy hair, the best products for frizzy hair and how to stop or get rid of frizzy hair, with our frizzy hair treatment.
I cover frequently asked questions such as How can I tame frizzy hair naturally? or What’s the best anti frizz spray?
Find out how you can have frizz-free hair with the best hair mask for frizzy hair.
How to Look After Grey Hair
For everything Grey Hair, from choosing the best grey hair products to the best hairstyles for grey hair. Or from how to enhance grey hair to how to soften coarse grey hair or how to transition to grey hair, go to my Ultimate Guide for Caring Grey Hair. I’ve put together a list of the most common questions for everything you need to know about how to look after grey hair and enhance what you’ve got. Plus, if you are looking for product ideas, look no further than the best hair mask for natural grey hair, Restore and Shine Hair Mask.
If you have bleached hair and want to regain your shine, read my blog, How to take care of Bleached Hair. You’ll find everything you need to know about taking care of bleached hair, from the best hair mask for bleached hair to how to fix hair damaged from over-bleaching.
Discover my expert tips for fixing dry, brittle hair.
Ogario London is a salon developed range of natural hair care products. We are passionate about our products, and, delivering the best results is at the heart of what we do. Do you have questions about our products? Or, would you like advice on the best products for your hair type? For instance, do you have another question about how to look after your hair? If you do, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Beauty Bible Recommends
Our Restore and Shine Hair Masque was awarded best hair mask in the Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible Awards. Here’s what Josephine Fairley and Sarah Stacey had to say,
“Beauty Bible fell in love with this mask when we discovered it at a Cosmetic Executive Women product demo evening. The brand comes from a London hair salon, and the mask is a huge boon for hair – packed with avocado, olive oil, aloe vera, nettle and horsetail, together with sage (which is rich in vitamins A, C and E). Just a sniff of this rich, unctuous creamy mask perks you up. Use for gleaming shiny, healthy hair.”
Get inspired with our style blogs.
Style Ideas for Long Hair: The Ponytail
If you are on the lookout for style ideas for long hair, it’s time to give some thought to the ponytail. Because, as hairstyles go, it doesn’t get any easier than the ponytail. However, there’s more to the ponytail than getting your hair out of the way. So, if you’re hanging out at home or working your body at the gym, the humble pony is a great choice. Get creative with a ponytail and, it can take you from relaxed Sunday brunch to the beach or to nighttime chic.
Style your long hair…
Add Volume to Hair On-The-Go: 3 Easy Steps
Want to add volume to hair on-the-go? For those of us with fine hair, we’ve all been there. You start the day with perfectly plumped up locks and, by lunchtime, your hair has fallen flat. Aghhh! So, with this simple hair hack, you can add volume to hair in seconds. Plus, you’ll be ready for that meeting, the lunch date with friends, drinks after work or, just getting on with your day knowing that your hair looks the business. Simply, add a tail comb and Styling Mist for Natural Hold and Volume to your handbag essentials and try this little hair hack.
Add volume to fine hair…