Deep Conditioning Shine Hair Mask for Dry or Damaged Hair
- Deep Conditioner best for adding moisture, smoothing the cuticle, and improving hair elasticity.
- Proven results, this hair mask leaves hair shiny, stronger, and healthier.
- Effective deep conditioner for all hair types to maintain healthy, shiny hair.
- Use weekly to improve the condition of hair.
- Lavender replenishes hair, helping to repair split ends, damage from heated styling, colour-treatments, sun damage, and chlorine.
- Sage softens and smooths for lasting shine.
RESTORE ELASTICITY AND SHINE TO HAIR
- Pro-vitamin B5 targets damaged hair reduces split ends and adds shine
- Glycerin attracts moisture. Consequently, it protects against water loss to prevent frizz.
- Avocado, a powerhouse deep conditioner containing vitamins A, D, and E to restore health and shine to the hair
- Tocopherol(vitamin E), conditions hair for a smoother, shinier finish
Restore and Shine Hair Masque harnesses plant-based ingredients to deep condition; adds moisture and shine to hair:
- Helps improve hair health, elasticity, and strength
- Targets and smoothes damaged hair and split ends
- Smoothes hair texture for easier styling
- De-tangles to leave hair soft and shiny
- Deep Conditioner; adds moisture to tackle dry hair
- Smoothes the cuticle for shiny, healthy hair
- Smoothes the rough texture of damaged hair
- Deep conditioning hair mask for dry or damaged hair
Why it’s a Hair Care Essential
I’ve been working with hair for over 35 years and, in my experience, restoring moisture to hair makes the biggest difference. It gives hair the best foundation. I developed this deep conditioner, Restore and Shine Hair Masque in my salon. What’s more, I’ve treated every different hair type with this deep conditioning hair mask and, it delivers results every time.
Whether you are a regular user of deep conditioning treatments or wondering how to use a hair mask to get shiny hair, I’d like to share my thoughts on how deep conditioning can benefit your hair.
Benefits of a Deep Conditioning Treatment by Hair Type
Table of Contents
- Hair Mask for Dry Hair
- Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
- Hair Mask for Bleached Hair
- Hair Mask for Curly Hair
- Hair Mask for Afro Hair
- Hair Mask for Fine Hair
- Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair
- Hair Mask for Grey Hair
- How long do you leave a hair mask on for?
- What’s the difference between a deep conditioner, hair mask or hair treatment?
- Our Hair Expert
Hair Mask for Dry Hair
Dry hair is a common hair problem. Ever found yourself wondering, ‘how can I fix my dry hair?’? Let me reassure you that you can fix dry hair at home.
The causes of dry hair can vary. I’ve listed a few below:
- Your hair may be naturally dry; thicker, coarse, or curly hair types tend to be drier.
- Environmental. For instance, exposure to sun, wind, cold, or hot temperatures can make your hair dry.
- Hair, like skin, becomes drier with age. Menopause, for example, can be a factor contributing to dry hair.
- Heated styling tools.
Why choose a deep conditioning treatment or deep conditioner to fix dry hair at home?
First up, it contains Pro-Vitamin B5. A powerful deep conditioner for hair care, Pro-Vitamin B5 has scientifically proven results. It penetrates the outer layer of the hair to get moisture right to the hair’s core. That is what delivers the deep conditioning treatment.
Secondly, whilst getting moisture to the cortex (the inner layer of the hair) is a priority, it’s not the whole story. You want your hair to hold on to that moisture. That means the outer layer of the hair needs to be smooth. When this outer layer is smooth, it can retain and lock in moisture.
The outer layer of the hair, otherwise known as the cuticle, is made up of tiny scales. If those scales lift, your hair loses moisture; you’ll probably notice that your hair has a slightly rough texture. That’s when hair loses its shine and starts to look and feel dry.
Restore and Shine Hair Masque contains Vitamin E to give your hair a smooth finish. Not only does it help to guard against moisture loss, but it also gives your hair that slippery, silky texture.
Restore and Shine Hair Masque has consistently given me the best results of any deep conditioning treatment I’ve used.
In my experience, you can achieve the best results by leaving it on coarse and thicker hair types, hair for longer.
So, you can leave it on for 10 minutes and get good results. However, if your hair is excessively dry, I encourage you to leave it on for a couple of hours. Some of my clients leave it on overnight.
Experiment and see what works best for your hair. The most important thing is that you get a routine. Why? Because a weekly deep conditioning treatment is the best way to restore and maintain moisture in your hair.
When you look at your hair and say, ‘it’s dry’ there are a couple of things that you may notice.
Firstly, the texture may feel rough to touch. Secondly, the hair may look dull.
However, if you treat your hair once a week with a deep conditioner, you can achieve smoother, shinier hair.
Moreover, make this a permanent part of your weekly hair care routine for continued improvement in shine and softness.
Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
What is damaged hair? It’s a phrase used in hairdressing. However, I’m sure that we don’t always explain what we mean by damaged hair.
So, I want to take a moment to explain what we mean by damaged hair.
What we are talking about is damage to the outer layer of the hair, the cuticle. I’ve listed some of the visible signs below:
- The surface of your hair is uneven, not smooth
- The hair is lifted and split all the way through. So, not just at the ends
- It looks and feels brittle and may have breakage
- It looks dull and straw-like
- It has little or no movement
This kind of hair damage can be a result of excessive chemical treatments and or heated styling. But not always. Some medical conditions can cause the hair to become damaged, along with some medical treatments.
Damaged hair needs time. So, if you recognise any of the signs in your hair, you may fear that your hair may never recover. Let’s take a moment.
What I can tell you at this point is, it’s a journey. Why? Because you won’t fix damaged hair overnight. So, be gentle with your hair and yourself.
What your hair needs now, more than anything, is two things:
- Your hair needs some time out. So, this means avoiding heated styling, particularly at high temperatures. Stop all chemical treatments until your hair has recovered.
- A deep conditioning treatment. Hair needs time to absorb the moisture from a deep conditioner.
I recommend using Restore and Shine Hair Masque twice a week for two weeks. Because little and often helps to reintroduce moisture to the hair.
After that, you can use Restore and Shine Hair Masque once a week. I can’t stress this enough; little and often is essential here. When hair becomes damaged, it’s difficult for it to absorb and retain moisture. Therefore, having a routine with a deep conditioner will build moisture in the hair over time.
With this approach, you can see improvements in hair condition within weeks. After a couple of weeks of deep conditioning treatments with Restore and Shine Hair Masque, you will notice a difference. Hair feels smoother to the touch; it feels less fragile.
Use it weekly and let Restore and Shine Hair Masque take you on the journey back to stronger, shinier, healthier hair.
Hair Mask for Bleached Hair
Can my bleached hair be soft and silky?
Yes, but it takes a bit of effort. Bleached hair can make a BIG STATEMENT.
Treat it well and, it can look incredible. However, heated styling, skipping conditioner, and generally not giving your bleached hair the best treatment can leave it dry and looking dull.
When bleach is applied to hair, for the colour to take, it opens the cuticle. As a result, bleaching is drying for hair. Additionally, if you repeat this process on the same section of hair, it can get to the point where the hair has little moisture and elasticity. Because of this, breakage can occur, particularly at the ends.
So, what’s the answer?
A deep conditioner for bleached hair. Use it like your hair depends on it, which it does! Commit to a weekly deep conditioning treatment with Restore and Shine Hair Masque.
Restore and Shine Hair Masque helps to restore moisture to your hair. Plus, it smoothes the cuticle for a silky feel, bringing the shine back to the hair.
Additionally, it helps to lay off the heated styling. For instance, choosing a hairstyle that you can manage without the hairdryer or the straighteners helps.
And my final piece of advice? Always get a professional to colour your hair. You’ll get much better results.
I’ve written an article on bleached hair. If you are looking for more tips and advice on how to look after your hair, read my blog, How to Take Care of Bleached Hair and Fix Damage.
Hair Mask for Curly Hair
When curly hair becomes dry, it can lose elasticity. Loss of elasticity gives you flat curls.
I have worked with a lot of curly hair during my career. I found that taking a simple approach gets the best results.
First up, a great haircut. Secondly, you need a plan to get more moisture into your hair. Forget complicated stying methods and multiple products for curly hair; they’re not necessary.
So, if you’ve got curly hair, what you need in your life is the deep conditioner for curly hair, Restore and Shine Hair Masque. Use it religiously; become a Restore and Shine Hair Masque zealot.
Because this deep conditioner is the best product that I’ve worked with for curly hair.
How to use a Hair Mask for Curly Hair
Here are my suggestions on how you can get the most from your Restore and Shine Hair Masque. These methods are tried and tested by my clients over the years. I encourage you to experiment and use the product in a way that works for your curly hair.
- Try leaving Restore and Shine Hair Masque on for 2-4 hours for a curl-enhancing moisture kick
- Pop a shower cap on and let the heat generated between your head and the cap intensify the treatment
- Mix some Restore and Shine Hair Masque with water, rub between your palms and apply to dry hair to reboot your curls in between washes
- Let Restore and Shine Hair Masque dry into your hair and leave overnight for maximum curl-enhancing moisture
My advice? Whichever way you use Restore and Shine Hair Masque, whatever your routine, use it weekly for the best curls.
Hair Mask for Afro Hair
I frequently get two questions about Restore and Shine Hair Masque and afro hair.
1. Can I use Restore and Shine Hair Masque on afro hair?
Yes. It contains avocado oil which is one of the best deep conditioners for afro hair.
This deep conditioning treatment is the best hair mask for afro hair I’ve used; on my hair, or my client’s hair, it adds moisture and improves the texture.
2. How often should you deep condition afro hair?
It depends. Like all hair, afro hair is individual. It has different needs. If you find your afro hair is excessively dry, I recommend using it once a week or every two weeks.
I give my afro hair an intensive treatment with Restore and Shine Hair Masque every 4 weeks.
Additionally, I use a little every day. I mix with a small amount of water every evening and feed into my hair and scalp to keep it healthy by adding regular moisture.
Hair Mask for Fine Hair
In my experience, many clients with fine hair believe that hair masks are not for them.
It’s understandable, if like them, you’ve tried hair masks, and they’ve left your hair limp.
Are hair masks good for fine hair?
It’s a good question. I’ve been working with hair for over 35 years. During that time, I’ve worked with many clients who are frustrated with their fine hair. Many of the issues they experience are related to a lack of moisture in their hair. I’ve listed some of them below:
- Fly away hair
- Flat hair
My fine-haired clients would often skip conditioner. Because they found that heavy conditioners would leave their hair flat, they gave up. As a result, this exacerbated the problems I’ve listed above.
Subsequently, their hair would become drier and make the problems they were experiencing worse.
Tackling the problems of fine hair is all about getting moisture right to the core of the hair.
That’s why I use Pro-Vitamin B5 in my deep conditioning treatment. Why? Because its one of the few scientifically proven ingredients to effectively penetrate the cuticle (the outer layer of the hair) and get moisture into the cortex, the centre of the hair.
The hair swells with the additional moisture, giving it more volume, making it look thicker.
My exclusive deep conditioning treatment contains lightweight ingredients. As a deep conditioning treatment, it helps to smooth the cuticle. That enables the hair to hold on to moisture, reducing tangles and flyaways.
To maintain moisture in your hair, I recommend using Restore and Shine Hair Masque as a deep conditioning treatment once a week, every week.
Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair
How do I fix frizzy hair? That’s a question which is put to me often. Whenever I get a question about hair, I like to get a fix on the cause. There can be several factors.
- Fine, dry hair – a maximum of 2 hours
- Coarse, dry hair – anything from 2 hours to overnight.
- Grey, dry hair- hair tends to be finer as we age. So, unless your hair is very coarse, we recommend no more than 2 hours
- Dry, curly hair – if your hair is curly and thick overnight will be fine. However, for fine curls, we recommend a couple of hours
- Dry, colour treated hair -overnight if your hair is thick/coarse. Otherwise anything from 2 to 4 hours. Why not try a plastic cap to add heat intensity to the treatment?
What’s the difference between a deep conditioner, hair mask, or deep conditioning treatment?
In short, there isn’t one. When we talk about a deep conditioner, hair mask, or hair treatment, we are talking about the same thing; Restore and Shine Hair Masque is a deep conditioner or deep conditioning treatment for the following hair types:
Best Deep Conditioner for
- Fine Hair
- Dry Hair
- Frizzy Hair
- Grey Hair
- Coarse Hair
- Afro Hair
- Damaged Hair
- Curly Hair
- Bleached Hair
- Thick Hair
Our Hair Expert
Norris is the founder and Creative Director of Ogario London. Developed in his London salon, the Ogario London haircare products reflect his belief that hydration is the key to fixing most hair problems. Hydrated hair can be styled with ease. In addition, hydration leaves hair shiny and healthy. Norris has over 35 years of hair experience. With expertise in all hair types; from dry hair to fine or grey hair, from frizzy to damaged or bleached hair, curly hair, and afro hair, Norris offers his expert advice on how to get the best from your deep conditioning treatment.