Let your hair shine this Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re planning a romantic rendezvous or a cosy night in, we’ve put our heads together at Ogario London HQ to come up with some fun ways to love your hair this Valentine’s Day. Because, well, we just heart hair…
Let Hair Shine…
Dress it Up
Add a touch of glamour to your hair with some beautiful accessories. From Alice bands to hair clips, pins and scrunchies, hair accessories are big news right now. They are a great way to get create a new look, hold a style in place or add a bit of sparkle to an outfit. We love this gorgeous gold flower accessory. Not only does it add instant glamour to an otherwise simple outfit, but also holds the hair in place to give that side parting maximum impact.
Treat yourself to a head massage. There’s nothing quite so relaxing as a head massage and it’s a great way to take some time out, take a deep breath and slow down. Plus it’s good for your hair. Massaging the head helps to stimulate the circulation. Hair follicles love good circulation and as it feeds nutrients to the roots, helping you to grow your healthiest hair. Sort of like giving your hair the best start in life! 🙂
Go Big or go Home
Forget the straighteners and go for a big bouncy blow dry. Whether you are creating the look at home or going to the salon for a treat, nothing says romance like fabulous retro waves. If you are doing your own bouncy blow dry, don’t forget to take a look at our blog on how to do a big bouncy blow dry, for expert styling tips.
Spend some time on your locks. Not only are the essential oil blends in our shampoos and conditioners carefully selected to help nourish and condition the hair and scalp, but they also create uplifting aromas in your bathroom. So, giving your hair a little bit of TLC can result in better hair shine and here’s how:
Follow our top 3 tips for maximising shine when you shampoo and condition your hair.
- Rinse to maximise hair shine. Make sure you give your hair a proper rinse after washing. When product residue is left in the hair it can attract dirt and reduce hair shine.
- Turn the heat down. Warm water is best for washing and rinsing hair. Heat is drying and one of the main culprits for shine reduction!
- Always condition the hair after shampooing. Tempted to skip conditioner? Think again. Here’s why. The most important thing that conditioner does, aside from adding moisture to dry hair, is smooth the cuticle. A smooth cuticle means a smooth surface, which means that light bounces off the hair so you can show off the maximum shine.
Cosy up in a Stylish Hat
From beanies to berets, hats are a great way of looking after your hair in the winter months, whilst looking super-stylish. Weather conditioners in the winter months can leave hair feeling dry so think of a hat as protecting your lovely locks from the worst that winter has to offer. Snow? No problem. Wind? Do your worst. Rain? A hat will help you fight the frizz and more…
Restore and Shine Hair Masque
Our favourite weekly treat for gorgeous locks. If you’ve yet to discover Restore and Shine Hair Masque, it’s our best product for hair shine. You can leave this hair mask on for just 10 minutes but we encourage you to enjoy the moment. It smells divine, so it’s a shame not spend a little more time on your hair. Make it part of your Valentine’s prep and apply the masque, put your feet up and let this award-winning hair mask work its magic while you watch your favourite romantic film. It’s the perfect way to get you in the Valentine’s mood. Plus, with all that love, your hair will look and feel fabulous!
Looking for Hair Shine all the time? Show your Hair some Love Every Day…
Much as we love the romance of Valentine’ (and we do!) Shiny hair is a labour of love. By getting into a good hair care routine, you can have that looks shiny and healthy every day. We are big fans of keeping it simple when it comes to hair. So we recommend thinking about the points at which you can make the biggest difference in how your hair looks and feels.
We believe there are 3 crucial points when caring for hair that you can make the biggest impact on hair shine.
- After Shampooing – As mentioned previously, conditioners are not just about adding moisture to dry hair. They smooth the hair cuticle too. If you want your hair to shine, always follow shampoo with cuticle-smoothing conditioner. Light will bounce off those smooth locks for maximum shine.
- Before Styling – Prevention is the key here. By adding moisture to the hair with leave in conditioner you can reduce the damage of heated appliances. Heat is one of the biggest causes of styling damage and loss of shine.
- Deep Condition – Give hair a cuticle-smoothing boost with a deep conditioning treatment. For maximum hair shine, treat hair once a week every week.
With over 35 years in the hair business, we’ve helped a lot of customers with hair concerns. We love to share our knowledge and write about all aspects of healthy, shiny hair from tackling frizz to getting rid of split ends as well as sharing salon tips and techniques for looking after all hair types.
Want to find out more about hair repair masks? Our tips on dry hair treatments is an essential read.
Get bleached hair advice with our tips for looking after bleached hair.
Find out about split end prevention in our blog, How to Get Rid of Split Ends and Prevent their Return.
Fight the frizz with our blog on how to get rid of frizz.
You can find further hair articles on our Healthy Hair Blog.
Ogario London is a salon developed, natural hair care range. As a niche brand, we are passionate about our products and delivering the best results is at the heart of what we do. So, if you have any questions about our products would like advice on the best products for your hair type, or have another question about how to look after your hair, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose the best hair repair mask for your hair
With regular weekly treatments from the ultimate deep conditioner, Restore and Shine Hair Masque you can have seriously luscious locks!
Choose Healthy Hair!
Join the Ogario London Healthy Hair Club to get points every time you shop at ogariolondon.com. Exclusive to our online customers.