The Velcro roller is one of our favourite hair styling tools here at Ogario London. Ok, so we know the Velcro roller isn’t at the cutting edge (excuse us!) of technology and it’s not as whizzy as some of the new hair styling tools out there. But, and there is a but here, sometimes the classics are the best. The Velcro roller is not only extremely gentle on the hair but it’s also Versatile with a capital ‘V’.
Whether you want to turn heads with big bouncy waves, add volume to shorter styles or simply find easier, quicker and less damaging ways to style your hair, we recommend the Velcro roller.
Choose Hair Styling Tools that are Gentle on the Hair
Heat damage is a significant cause of dry, brittle and frizzy hair. By reducing the amount of heat applied to the hair when using hair styling tools you can help the process of getting hair back into great condition. For that reason, we’d like to share with you why we love the Velcro Roller.
Eight Reasons to Love Velcro Rollers
- Velcro rollers are gentle on the hair. Give your hair a quick blitz with the hairdryer after washing. Pop in the Velcros whilst hair is still warm and still slightly damp. No need to have loads of heat on the hair, making them one of the most gentle hair styling tools.
- You can take them anywhere. They are the ultimate in travelling light. Pop them in your handbag or hand luggage.
- They come in all shapes and sizes. Velcros aren’t just for long hair. You can find skinny versions that are perfect for shorter or finer hair types.
- You can use them on long hair for big bouncy waves – don’t worry if your blow-drying skills are not up to scratch. Velcro rollers to the rescue. Go for fatter rollers to get seriously big bouncy curls.
- Add volume short hair – take a look at our blog to find out how you can use Velcro rollers to create volume at the crown.
- They help you to multi-task. You can leave them in your hair whilst you get on with something else – putting on your makeup or choosing your outfit.
- Versatile Velcro! You can use velcro rollers for all hair types.
- Speed up styling time. No need to get hot under the hairdryer. No need for brushes and faffing about. Let your Velcros do all the hard work!
Salon Know How: Hair Tips for using Velcro Rollers
So, if you’ve never tried working with Velcro rollers or maybe you’ve tried them and found them tricky, follow our tips below. Who knows? They might become your hair styling tool of choice!
- Choose the right Velcro roller for your hair. Big, fat rollers make big waves. Perfect for long hair and for adding big volume. For shorter styles go for medium to small rollers. Experiment and see what works for you.
- It’s best to apply them to hair when it’s still slightly warm and got some moisture. Therefore, after washing hair, use a towel to gently blot out excess water. If the hair is still holding some excess water, give it a quick blast with the hairdryer.
- When hair is no longer holding excessive water but still damp, you can apply a styling product. Rough dry with the hairdryer. Be careful not to over-dry the hair. Most importantly, at this point, hair should be warm but still have some moisture, so not completely dry.
- Apply the rollers by taking a small section of hair. Make sure that you don’t cover the full width of the roller with hair, leaving space at either end.
- Tension is the most important part of applying Velcro rollers. So, if you get this right and you’ll avoid tangles. Start by holding the roller at the end of the hair, keep the hair at a straight angle and maintain the tension as you roll to the roots. Ensure you are not tugging at the roots when you do this.
- Leave your rollers to cool and take them out in for 10-15 minutes. Simply roll them back out and use your hands and fingers to push the hair into place.
Get Salon Results when you Style Hair…
We have 3 rules that we always follow when styling hair. Keep these in mind when styling hair at home to get the best results.
- Use less product. When using styling products, use a little. Because if you overdo it you risk the hair becoming difficult to work with.
- Dry your hair for less time. In our experience, most of us overdry the hair. It’s not necessary to get the hair completely dry when you are working with a hairdryer. Because when hair is too dry, it loses its flexibility.
- Don’t overwork the hair. Because the hair can become flat if it’s touched or brushed too much.
We believe that with the right care and treatment everyone can have healthy, shiny hair. Styling can be tricky for lots of us and it’s a time when hair may be subject to lots of things that can cause damage. Whether it’s from heat, over-brushing or harsh ingredients; they all take their toll on our lovely locks.
If you are interested in taking a healthier approach to styling your hair take a look at our blog, Leave in Hair Conditioner: We Give you the Heads Up.
Ogario London is a salon developed, natural hair care range. As a niche brand, we are passionate about our products and delivering the best results is at the heart of what we do. If you have any questions about our products, would like advice on the best products for your hair type, or have another question about how to look after your hair, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Take a Healthier Approach to Styling Hair
Hairstyling doesn’t have to leave your hair out of shape; choose from Styling Mist for Volume or Styling Mist for Glossy Finish…
Never Have Dry Hair Again
With regular weekly treatments from the ultimate deep conditioner, Restore and Shine Hair Masque you can have seriously luscious locks!
Choose Healthy Hair!
Join the Ogario London Healthy Hair Club to get points every time you shop at ogariolondon.com. Exclusive to our online customers.